Writing an effective blog can be a daunting task, but given a professional blogger and basic material a blog can quickly take shape. Blogs are much like a salesman in a store, the goal is to sell a product. Follow these steps to start an effective blog for your business:
- Headline - A headline is the first thing that a reader sees and it should be short and attention grabbing. If the reader never reads your post then it is truly wasted time.
- Concrete detail or visual - Use a catchy photo or clip art or at least paint a picture in the mind of your reader in the first and second paragraph. Give your readers what the headline promises.
- A lead - Expand your headline with more in depth information in your writing.
- Clear layout - Make points clear and obvious because it is unlikely readers will read from start to finish in this fast paced world. It is more likely for a reader to skim.
- Logical sequence - If your advice is not in logical order a reader will get lost in text and probably quit reading.
- Persuasive - Write in a manner that makes the reader agree with your point of view.
- Interesting - Choose a topic that will be interesting and will provoke a call to action.
- Believable - If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Keep your material believable and un-cheesy.
- Call to action - Have a reason and a call to action with every post. Be clear in what you expect of your reader even if it is just to view more of your posts.