Lots of companies talk the talk. But how many walk the walk? For the first time, Chevrolet is offering new car and truck buyers a return guarantee: if they don't like their new Chevy, they can return it for a full refund. The fine print reveals that it's a limited time offer. Even so, it's an attempt by a major automaker to drive-up consumer confidence and increase sales by offering more than just a free test drive. Likewise, instilling consumer confidence is also important when it comes to your business.
5 Ways You Will Benefit From the Essential Guide to Digital Content Creation:
- Talk to individuals, not search engines. Your web copy must be conversational, using words and terms that people use in everyday speech. Use of slang and idioms can also be important, depending on the nature of your e-commerce business, products and services.
- Web copy should be limited to 300 to 350 words per page. Use plenty of "white space" to make it easier for visitors scan and read the copy.
- Use lists and bullets to help break-up web copy. Visitors typically find them attractive and engaging, and will stay on page longer.
- SEO product descriptions and keywords will help elevate your business, brand, products and services in major search engine rankings on Google, Yahoo and MSN if done consistently.
- Social media optimization (SMO) are major avenues for driving visitors to your web site. Use them.